“Are you the proud owner of curly hair extensions? Congratulations! Curly hair extensions can add volume, length, and a touch of fun to your look. However, maintaining them can be more challenging than straight hair extensions. In this blog post, we’ll share tips and tricks on keeping your curly hair extensions looking beautiful and healthy. From using a sulfate-free shampoo to protecting them from heat, we’ll cover all the basics of maintaining curly hair extensions. Keep reading to learn more!”
Maintaining curly hair extensions can be a bit more challenging than straight hair extensions, but with the proper care and maintenance, you can keep them looking beautiful and healthy.
- Brush and detangle your extensions before washing them: Use a wide-toothed comb or a Denman brush to gently detangle your extensions before washing them. This will help to prevent matting and tangling.
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner: Sulfates can be harsh on curly hair and strip it of its natural oils, leaving it dry and frizzy. Use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner to gently cleanse and hydrate your extensions.
- Use a leave-in conditioner: Leave-in conditioner can help to add moisture and detangle your extensions. Apply a small leave-in conditioner to your extensions after washing them, and then use a wide-toothed comb to detangle them.
- Air dry or diffuse dry: Avoid using a hair dryer on high heat to dry your extensions. Instead, let them air dry or use a diffuser attachment on a low heat setting to dry them.
- Use a heat protectant: If you must use heat styling tools on your extensions, make sure to use a heat protectant to help prevent damage.
- Use a silk or satin scarf or pillowcase: To prevent frizz and to tangle while you sleep, use a silk or satin scarf or pillowcase.
- Be gentle when styling: Be gentle when styling your extensions, as they are more delicate than your natural hair. Avoid pulling or tugging on them and using too much heat or product.
- Keep them moisturized: Curly hair tends to be dryer than straight hair, so keep your extensions moisturized to prevent breakage. Use a good quality moisturizer or oil to keep them hydrated.
- Seek professional help if needed: If you’re unsure how to properly care for your curly hair extensions, seek help from a professional stylist who can guide you through the process.
Remember to be gentle when styling, keep them moisturized and seek professional help. With the proper care and maintenance, your curly clip in hair extensions will be a beautiful and fun addition to your look. Give these tips a try and see the difference they can make in your hair!”